Sunday, March 13, 2011

So, I just remembered that I have a blog...

Wow, lots of things have gone on since I posted my first (and only) blog post. Most importantly, Margo and I were blessed with Daniel, our beautiful son. He was born on November 22nd and weighed in at a whopping 10 pounds! He's changed our life so much (in a positive way) and I love spending time with him. My favorite times with him are early in the morning when he wakes up and it's just the two of us. He's very responsive when we interact with him and we get lots of smiles and laughs when we talk to him and make funny faces. I like to call him my "little muchacho".

Here are a few pictures of the little man...It's amazing how much you can love someone!
Keepin' it real with his mini hipster hat
Sweet little muchacho, at 2 weeks old

Best nap ever...



Other big thing since my last post is that cyclocross season came and went. This is my favorite kind of bike racing and I actually had a pretty good year. This year, I decided to man up and try to race in a tougher class than I did last year. Racing with faster guys paid off and I had some decent results. I also had the opportunity to travel to Louisville to race on the future world championships course, which was a cool experience. Here are some of my favorite cyclocross pics...

The g-ride













Jumping the barriers with my teammate Brady, right before he dropped me like a bad habit...









Probably my best result of the year, I came in 10th in the second day of a 2-day race weekend @ Creve Coeur Park in St. Louis.









Racing the single-speed event at the US Grand Prix event in Louisville. I was reminded why they invented bikes with multiple gears...








This is probably the best cyclocross picture I have. I actually emailed the photographer and had him send me a print. Basically, 'cross is an excuse for grown men to go out and play in the mud, and this picture perfectly captures the essence of the sport.






That's all for now folks. Hopefully it won't be another 8 months before my next post. Of course, now that Margo has her own blog, I'll have to stay on top of it so that I can one-up her...

D.J.

1 comment: